Selenium Tester Salary for Freshers
Selenium is quickly becoming a common name in the world of automation testing. This is due to Selenium’s broad application in various industries and businesses. Because Selenium is open-source, multi-browser and portable across platforms, it has been used by all of the big corporations for test automation. Learn Selenium online to become a highly sought-after automation Testing engineer in the software testing industry. Freshers get jobs as selenium testers and earn a great selenium tester salary.
But, to land in selenium. You must be good in skills. Because there is such a high demand for selenium jobs and testers.
3 reasons why Selenium should be used
- Selenium has once again shown that it can be implemented in all project functions, this year, its popularity has drastically grown.
- This will give people an inspiration who want to work in Software Testing with Selenium a lot of job opportunities and they are offered a good software tester salary for freshers.
- In the last three years, the number of selenium jobs has grown by about 300 per cent, and this growth shows no signs of slowing down or stopping.
There are several career opportunities in the Selenium Testing industry for qualified individuals. Test Automation has changed in many ways over the past 12 years. After all of these changes, Selenium is now the best Software Testing tool, and there is a market for it.
Why freshers should learn Selenium
Here are the top ten reasons to learn Selenium,
- Selenium is a free or open-source tool.
- Selenium doesn’t need a certain OS, browser, or hardware.
- Selenium works with several different programming languages.
- Selenium is very important to the DevOps Lifecycle.
- Selenium is easy to connect to other tools.
- Selenium has testing that is both parallel and spread out.
- Selenium has nothing to do with GUI-based systems.
- Selenium gives you options when making test cases.
- Selenium Certified Testers are in high demand.
- The selenium automation tester salary is high in India for new hires.
Careers scope in selenium testing
- Selenium WebDriver Testing with Java offers a lot of job opportunities for freshers and skilled professionals.
- They are popular both in India and in markets around the world.
- Over the past 10 years, there have been a lot of changes to test automation.
- Selenium is the best tool for testing software, so right now is the best time to acquire it.
- Any tester has a great chance of growing to great heights over the course of their career.
- If you do a lot of software testing and love learning how things work, Selenium will boost you.
- Anyone who wants to work in manual testing can easily use their knowledge of Selenium to move up in their field and improve their skills.
Education required for selenium tester
- Most of the time, you need a B.Tech degree to work on technological projects like making software or testing it.
- There are, however, a lot of people who don’t come from a computer science background who work on testing software.
- BCA, MCA, B.Sc. (IT), and other similar degrees are also taken into account for these kinds of jobs.
- Most of the time, you don’t need an M.Tech or MS to work in this field, but people with higher degrees are often chosen for promotions, team leads, managers, etc offering them a high selenium tester salary.
- Most jobs require no experience at all, and the most common title is “associate software engineer” or “associate trainee engineer” or something similar.
- After the job is confirmed, the title may change to “junior software engineer” or “associate tester” from time to time.
- With the right experience and number of years on the job, a senior software tester, scrum master, or team lead can get the same title.
Let us now discuss the selenium automation tester salary and the factors affecting them
- Before we start, we want to let you know that the salaries we’re going to talk about are for automation test engineers, quality analysts, and other jobs that require selenium skills.
- Selenium is an extra tool for testing that can be used by a quality analyst or an automation engineer.
- There aren’t many companies that would hire you based on just one skill and then put you in a certain role.
- You must be capable of performing selenium testing.
- You might not get the job if you don’t know how to test for selenium or any other skill.
- This difference in pay is caused by many things, like the location of the job, the person’s experience, education, employer, certifications, and so on.
Experience is one of the main aspects in deciding the salary scale. The entry-level selenium tester might have a significantly good selenium automation tester salary as per the organisation’s salary norms. But then, as you are experienced you will be familiar with the skills implemented by the organisations and as well as improve the skills by working on it, henceforth the salary scale varies as per experience. Let us have a glance at the salaries as per varying experiences.
- The entry-level Selenium tester gets a salary of 3 LPA.
- The mid-level selenium tester is getting a salary of about 4.5 LPA
- The most experienced Selenium tester salary gets a salary of 6.9 LPA.
As per the organisation
Every organisation offers the best selenium tester salary for freshers and experienced selenium testers. As testing is a very important part of every company’s projects. There is a huge demand for software testers and the selenium testers and thus high salaries for them. Let us see how the companies pay exceptionally good salaries for freshers.
- Tata Consultancy Services: 2.32 LPA
- Wipro: 2.5 LPA
- HCL: 2.86 LPA
- Cognizant:3.5 LPA
- Capgemini: 2.86 LPA
- Tech Mahindra: 2.6 LPA
- HP: 2.2 LPA
Let us see how the Selenium tester salary varies as per the skills set
The skills acquired by any fresher are vital for the salary scale and the company’s growth. There are many testing skills that a fresher can acquire. Let us see how is the salary varying as per skills.
- Test Automation: 4 LPA
- Automation Scripting: 4.02 LPA
- Quality Control/ Quality Tester : 3.8 LPA
- GUI Test automation: 4.3 LPA.
The salary of a Selenium Tester as per the Location
Location is an important factor influencing the salary of a Selenium tester. Freshers if you are from any of the top cities start applying for the Selenium tester jobs as there are many job opportunities for you in top IT organisations. As per reports, Bangalore and Hyderabad pay exceptionally well salaries for teh selenium testers. Folks here down is the list of the locations and the salaries of the selenium tester in top cities.
- A Selenium tester in Bangalore gets paid about 3.9 LPA
- A Selenium tester in Chennai gets paid about 3 LPA
- How much a Selenium tester makes in Hyderabad is around 3.2 LPA
- The selenium tester gets a salary in Mumbai of 3.7 LPA
- The selenium automation tester salary in Delhi is 3.2 LPA
- The salary of a Selenium Tester gets a salary in Pune 3.1 LPA
Salary as per the Job roles
There are many job roles working on Selenium. Depending on the company, Selenium jobs range from making apps for mobile devices to making apps for the web.
Here is the list of the job role and their salaries.
- Selenium WebDriver: 3.5 LPA
- Java Selenium Automation Engineer: 3.8 LPA
- Selenium Tester: 3 LPA
- Selenium Automation Tester: 3.5 LPA
- Selenium Quality Engineer: 3 LPA
- Selenium Automation Analyst: 4 LPA
Hoping that you have got an idea of the salaries and the factors influencing it. As you can see there is a high selenium automation tester salary in India for freshers. You can start applying for the jobs as a Selenium Tester.
Skills required for a Selenium tester to earn more salary
- The candidate should have been able to record scripts and make test with Selenium IDE.
- Must have gone over test scenarios based on modules that help validate the application before it is put into use.
- If the interview panel asks, the candidate should be able to show off his Selenium skills.
Responsibilities of a Selenium tester(Beginners)
- Understanding and analysing the project’s testing requirements, and developing testing methodologies are the duties of a Selenium tester (Beginners).
- To build a team of testing experts with the highest level of dedication, skill, and attitude.
- To stay informed of any modified or new requirements for the team.
- To take client calls, as well as to check on the project’s weekly progress.
- A few test reports that the test engineers have written are read.
- Making sure that certain testing results are timely followed up on is crucial for progress.
An additional skill in selenium will be a big addition to your CV if you have any ambition to steer your career in the right direction. The salaries mentioned are only mere estimates. You can become a part of a career that would provide you with the work contentment you desire while earning a respectable selenium tester salary. If you’re not already skilled in selenium, you can improve your chances by enrolling in a selenium course.