How can I prepare for a Top IT Company?
Every fresher dream is to get a job in the IT field, and their desire is to be hired by a renowned firm. The IT organization also stated that more than 1 million employees are upskilled in technology skills. Over 50,000 new digitally trained employees have been hired. The IT sector has created a Positive business outlook and expects to achieve its objective of USD 400 billion sales by 2025. Due to its continual recruiting and upskilling, more than 85% of them aspire to work in the IT industry. So, there are various freshers jobs of the candidate who wants to perceive their career in IT sectors. Further, there are various top companies in Chennai for freshers. So, in this blog, we will discuss how to prepare for placement in IT companies and how to get job in IT company as a fresher
In general, any top IT company’s recruitment process contains four stages, which are as follows:
- Aptitude Test
- Group Discussion
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
To advance to the next phase of the interview, all applicants must pass the first level of the interview. Let us look at each step to see how you may land a job with a top IT firm.
How to Find a Career at a Top IT Company- Aptitude Test
In every IT company, the first level of the interview is the aptitude test. It is an online-based test. The online aptitude test is frequently the first round in any top IT company’s recruitment procedure. You can use a few tactics to go through this round and land a job at any top IT firm.
The key to success is practice. You’ll need to practice aptitude questions regularly. In just 3 to 4 months, you can efficiently solve even tricky questions.
When you are attending the aptitude test, solve the easy and then swift on to the difficult questions; following this strategy would help you save time. This method is also applicable for the self-testing process. While you are practicing to crack this round, refer to all previous question papers and note the negative mark you obtained to help you score a high mark in the real aptitude test.
If you are preparing for campus placement and of campus placement, focus on the important question from quantitative and verbal aptitude subjects. If you are preparing for the campus placement, you can focus on the previous year’s questions asked by the same company because it would help you understand which basis the question focused on. Further, you can also find the same topic-based questions asked for three to four years, so focus on it mainly and crack the aptitude test.
In both processes of interviews, you need to focus on the concepts like C C++, Python, and Java. Mainly learn the concepts like Object-Oriented Programming, Database management system, etc., if you are IT(technically oriented candidates). So, candidates with technical knowledge and programming skills are highly in demand in the IT sector.
Henceforth, before attending the job interview, conduct yourself a mock test and analyze your ability to solve quickly and correct your mistake. This mock test would help you obtain a high score, and by practicing with mock exams, you will become more familiar with the exam format.
Now that we’ve determined how to complete any top IT company’s online aptitude tests. Now it’s important to switch on to the next round.
How to get job in IT company as a fresher – the Group Discussion Round?
After completing the aptitude test, you need to focus on the next level of the interview round- Group discussion. But this GD round may vary from one organization to another. In some companies, the GD round may be conducted first, depending on the organization’s process formats.
The group discussion is conducted with all types of candidates. If you are a technical student, the GD is based on the skills and team workability, analytical skills, process of technical testing, etc.
If you are a non-technical candidate, the GD lead will test your communication skills, English fluency, slag, and pronunciation.
Now, we shall look at how to approach companies for campus placements and its process of filtering the candidate, so here are a few things you can do to avoid being eliminated:
- Sit straight and be confident
- Be strong at your point and never the other’s point of view.
- Be precise and concise at your point.
- Don’t repeat the point; instead, build the new idea and wait till your turn comes.
- Be attentive and make good eye conduct.
- Participate in an engaging and active approach.
- You can use quotes, statistics, facts to suggest your points of view.
- If you have the chance to start and end the GD, seize the opportunity with both hands. You will receive extra credit for starting the GD on your initiative.
- Throughout the GD, maintain one tonality.
- When you do not even understand anything about the topic, let others speak first and listen closely to what they say. Analyze the others for a little while until you have a basic comprehension of the topic, and then express your ideas.
Now, we shall discuss How to get job in IT company as a fresher and Get Hired by Top IT Firms – How to Succeed in Technical and HR Interview
The technical and HR interview rounds are usually the 3rd and 4th phases of any top IT company’s recruitment procedure. In this round, the candidate must demonstrate their ability to the employer, and candidates must persuade the recruiter that they would be a valuable asset to the company.
Here are a few guidelines to keep in mind while attending the technical and HR Interviews:
- HR interview round will test whether you are fit for the job.
- The most important quality a recruiter looks for in a prospect is a positive attitude. It is more important than a candidate’s experience and abilities.
- When responding to questions, If you have a positive attitude, it will demonstrate to the interviewers that you are interactive and dedicated. Keep your responses brief and to the point, but never respond to a question with a single word.
- The candidate must keep in mind that their body language is being observed. As a result, the candidate must project a sense of ease and confidence.
- Make direct eye contact with the person conducting the interview.
- In general, the interviewer asks the candidate about their best subject and then questions them about it. So, before you sit for the interview, choose a subject that you are familiar with. This is conducted to assess how you tackle the situation and see if you can maintain your composure under pressure.
- Gather the complete details of the company, the products/services they provide, and the significant initiatives they are focusing on before attending the interview.
- Candidates with good communication skills will always be preferred. As a result, make an effort to improve your communication skills.
- Be ready to respond to the most typical HR questions. Keep track of your goals, skills, and objectives. If you are unsure of your ability to think creatively and respond to questions at the moment, practice your replies or prepare a set of relevant or important points.
- Remember to mention any projects, internships, publications you’ve authored, or anything else that makes you stand out.
- Prepare a list of questions to ask the interviewers at the end of the session. Inquiring about HR at the conclusion demonstrates your interest in the organization.
Now, you would have understood how to prepare for an IT company and a few guidelines to keep in mind while attending the technical and HR Interviews. So, follow these steps and present yourself with confidence.