IBM is an American based multinational company that provides technology-based services for clients worldwide. International Business Machines Corporation provides various opportunities for freshers and professionals to start after their career paths in both technical and non-technical industries. Moreover, IBM plans to recruit more than 80,000 candidates worldwide. Among various IT sectors, IBM has employed around 400 thousand people globally. Further, compared to other IT-based companies, IBM’s pay scale for freshers is about ₹3 LPA.
IBM has its customers worldwide and headquarters and offices in India, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Israel, Australia and many geographical locations.
Now, we shall look at IBM Salary for Freshers, types of services, and job opportunities offered by IBM for freshers and professionals to intend to perceive career paths in IBM technology.
Training offered by IBM
IBM offers various training sections and Learning Paths for freshers in the technical and non-technical industries. The main focus of this training session is to provide a comprehensive understanding for the learner interested in beginning their career in IBM technology. IBM provides training in Analytics, BusOps, Cloud, Health, Security, Supply Chain, and Systems.
Now, we shall look at IBM company salary for freshers and types of services.
Types of products and services
- IBM provides various top products & platforms, such as Industries, Artificial intelligence, Automation, Blockchain, Business operations, Cloud computing, Data & Analytics, IT infrastructure, Security, Supply chain, etc. If you want to head your career prospect in cloud computing, you can join Cloud Computing Course in Chennai
- To have in-depth understanding of Cloud Architecture and Cloud products like AWS, google cloud etc.
- In all these products & platforms, IBM provides plenty of services like Banking & financial markets, Energy & utilities, Deep learning, Remote Monitoring, Business process automation, Business process mapping, etc.
- Further, they provide services like Databases, DevOps, Hybrid Cloud, Hybrid cloud infrastructure, Secure infrastructure, Data security, etc.
- IBM also provides various consulting and services such as Business consulting services, design & business strategy, Hybrid multi-cloud services, Talent management services, Application services, Security services, Technology Support Services, and Payment plans for Services & Consulting.
Moreover, if you intend to become a devops engineer, you can join DevOps Training in Bangalore to have a precise understanding of DevOps theory and its concepts. Now, we shall discuss IBM fresher salary and types of job opportunities.
Types of job opportunities
IBM provides various job opportunities for freshers and professionals. And they plan to recruit freshers and 25% of the candidates from campus placement. IBM package for freshers ranges from ₹2.5 to ₹3. 5 LPA.
There are numerous job roles compassed in IBM technology; the typical job roles such as SAP Basis Consultant, Deputy Manager, Application Developer, Test Specialist, Finance and Administration Delivery, Data Warehouse Admin, Senior Analyst, Business Analyst, Application Database Administrator, Data Engineer, Brand Sales Specialist, Project Manager, Application Architect: Red Hat Cloud Microservices, Application Developer: Java & Web Technologies, Associate Systems Engineer, etc.
IBM Jobs alert for freshers
- Developing, assessing, and analysing the required platform’s technological architecture
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of organisational IT architecture concerns.
- The candidate is responsible for building, designing, or re-engineering application data across different platforms and integrating software packages, processes, and reusable objects.
- Ability to assist Technical Consultants and Leads in the development of solutions
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to learn the new and latest technology
SAP Basis Consultant
- The candidate must have the ability to plan, develop, and deploy SAP applications.
- SAP operational processes include configuration, debugging, error detection, and problem-solving are examples of SAP operational processes.
- Monitor the performance of SAP systems to verify that they are tuned and functioning.
- Collaborate with the teams and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to learn innovative Mobile App Products and Tools
- Engage in an SAP system update, planning and execution.
Associate Network Support
- The candidate must work and maintain accuracy with the data provided by customers.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- A deeper understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol, networking, switching, and routers.
- Working knowledge of network security concepts
- Deep understanding of Microsoft operating systems.
- Having formal Cisco certification is advantageous.
IBM starting salary for freshers ranges from ₹2.2 to ₹3 Lakh per year for candidates with less than one year of experience.
We shall look at the IBM package for freshers, Educational qualifications, and basic skills required for freshers and professionals.
Bachelor of Technology/ Master of Technology/ Master of Technology/Bachelor of Engineering/ MCA- Information Technology, Electronics & Communication Engineer, Electronics Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Information Science, Computer Science and Engineering, Software Engineering, Bachelor of Science, or other IT-related degree.
- Candidate must have more than 60% in academic career path
- At the time of the interview, the candidate should not have any backlogs
- Programming language skills like Python, Java, etc. So, you can enrol in Python Training in Bangalore to gain in- depth knowledge of python coding, strings, libraries, frameworks, tools,etc.
- Networking skills
- Cloud computing skills
- Marketing skills
- Good communication skills
- Teamwork skills
The mentioned skills would vary from job to job. So, candidates who apply for the IBM job post must understand the skills stated in the job description. To learn more about Java coding concepts, you can join Java Training in Bangalore to have a better understanding of Java concepts such as libraries, tools, android applications development, etc.
- Written Round – In this round, you can expect questions from English grammar and General Aptitude Test- Coding-Decoding, Profit & Loss, Compound Interest, etc.
- Technical Round– In this round, you can expect questions from Algorithms, database management systems, Operating systems, Networking, Object-oriented programming, data structure, and many more.
- HR Round- In this round, the recruiter focuses on your CV. So, the candidate selected for the HR round can prepare questions from the details mentioned in your CV.
We shall look at how to apply for IBM career and IBM salary for freshers detailly.
How to apply
- Aspirants can visit the official website International Business Machines Corporation www.ibm.com.
- You will have a career option at the bottom of the home page.
- Click on it; the homepage will redirect you to another new page, then click see all job options.
- Then select a country/ region, location to get location-based job opportunities.
- You will also receive the most recent IBM IT Jobs.
- Choose from a range of roles based on your qualifications.
- Fill in all of the fields on the IBM Application Form
- Check all of the information you’ve entered.
- Upload all relevant information, such as a resume, required photography size, and signature, among other things.
- Submit the form by clicking the submit button.
- Finally, make a printout for future reference.
IBM Salary for Freshers
IBM fresher salary ranges from ₹ 2.1 to ₹ 3 lakhs for the candidates with less than 4 to 5 years of experience. The pay scale may increase after gaining two to three years of experience.
IBM salary for freshers ranges from ₹2.5 to 3 LPA for the Software engineer role.
SAP Basis Consultant salaries at IBM can range from ₹1,25,000 – ₹3 LPA.
For less than 1 to 3 years of experience, India’s average IBM Technical Support Associate salary is ₹3.3 lakhs. The compensation for a Technical Support Associate at IBM ranges from ₹2.4 lakhs to ₹ 4 lakhs.
Now, you would have understood the IBM company salary for freshers, the interview process, types of job opportunities, types of services, basic skills required for freshers to begin their career in IBM technology. So, to have exposure to wider opportunities, you can take up additional programming language courses, cloud computing courses, or any other on-demand courses. Moreover, you can join CCNA Course in Chennai to have a comprehensive understanding of IP addressing, protocols, etc.