There is a various demand for the fresher who want to start their professional career as a Graphic Designer, Digital Marketer, Business Analyst, Social Media Manager, Business Development Manager, Investment Banker, Technical Writer, Content Manager, and many more. In these fields, opportunities are heaped for the freshers, mid-level, and professionals who want to land their careers in non-IT jobs.
Among various Non-IT jobs, Graphical designer is grabbing attention these days; because it is a demanding career and the highest paying non-IT job. According to the survey states that the graphical designer earns around ₹23,000 in India. But the pay scale differs from the skills and experience of the candidate.
If you have decided to enter this career, various freshers job are waiting for you. This career provides a wide range of opportunities, from being a team leader to providing freelancing services. The graphic design career options are Creative designer, Brand identity designer, Design director, Freelance graphic designer, Illustrator, Web designer, Multimedia animator, Campaign Manager, and Product Designer.
There are Various graphic design job opportunities in many companies, the companies that hire graphical designers, such as Cognizant, Salesforce Masters, Amazon, Digital Angels, Cinnamon Media & Artworks Pvt Ltd, Paytm, Adventus.io, Oracle MOBO, and many more companies that recruit the graphical designer.
Now, we shall discuss a career in graphic design, a graphic designer career path, what does a Graphic Designer does, and how to get a job as a graphic designer.
What does a Graphic Designer do?
Graphic Designers create visual communication by engaging through images, logos, phrases, animations, and graphics. They utilize designing components like Line, Colour, Texture, Size, Shape, Space, and Value.
Photoshop software(layer-based, image editing, and pixel-based software). The primary purpose of Photoshop is image editing, color corrections, photo patch, retouching, layout for websites, etc.
Illustrator software is also referred to as dot-based software or vector-based software. The main purpose is printing-based software, packaging, logo, visiting card, pamphlet, brochure, social media posts, banners, meshworks, etc.
Indesign printing-based software like printing books, pdfs, newspapers, and magazines. Further, out of their interest, they can learn video editing, animations( 3D and 2D animations)
Furthermore, Graphic designers, often known as communication designers, create aesthetically appealing designs that promote a marketing message while also eliciting emotion in customers.
If you wish to advance in this field, you should be prepared for the following:
- If you are a graphical designer, you need to know the requirement before starting the client’s projects.
- Then, it would help if you finalized the timeline and cost of completing the project.
- Choose the right technology, designing software, and tools to complete the project
- Before presenting the final work, explain to the clients the demo to finalize the project.
- Creation of the final layout, taking into account the size, color, and style preferences specified by the clients.
- Assuring that the projects are completed within the budget and timeline stated by the clients.
- Finally, satisfy the need of clients.
Now, we shall discuss steps to become a graphical designer. To be a successful graphical designer, you must take certain practices that will help you understand your development and future prospects. The following are the steps that can be taken:
- Learn the fundamentals: to become a designer, you must have theoretical and practical knowledge. Though you have completed your degree, you would not have acquired complete knowledge of graphical designing. So, practical knowledge would help you understand graphical tools, techniques, and designing software.
- Read books: To have theoretical knowledge of graphical designing, you must read many books. After completing your course, you can start reading books because now you can understand better than before. Though we have many books to study, practical knowledge would help you stand out before other candidates.
The books learn for beginners are Graphic Design For Everyone by Cath Caldwell, Grid systems in graphic design by Josef Müller-Brockmann, The Design of Everyday Things by Donald A. Norman, Paul Rand: Conversations with Students by Michael Kroeger, Designing Design by Kenya Hara, and Typographic Systems of Design by Kimberly Elam are the few important books to learn for beginners.
- Graphic Design Courses: to have a comprehensive understanding of graphical designing, you can join Graphic Design Courses to have a better understanding of Applications of Graphics Designing – Print, Digital, and for Entertainment, Color Theory, Designing Principles, Designing Principles for Print, Web and other Digital Media, Bitmap Images, Vector Images, Bitmap Vs Vector Images, Understanding Image Resolutions, and Size, Creating a New Image file, etc. You can understand the concepts and get hands-on training under professional mentors by joining the course.
- Learn designing Tools: To become the best designer, you must be familiar with the tools and techniques utilized for graphic designing. So, euoi yourself the tools must know to create the best design. Further, you must keep updated and always check for new tools introduced in the market.
- Develop your skills: If you are a graphical designer, you should have Innovation and Creativity, user experience/user interface skills, Artistic Ability in Typography, Skills in software and design tools. After you have been equipped with the skills required for the designer, you must start practicing by doing the project. Practicing helps you gain more skills.
And you can start by creating a logo or ads for the company, or you can practice this on your own. Further, you can take the sample and create a new design out of it. It adds credentials to your resume.
Further, Begin freelancing as soon as possible; this will provide valuable experience and a platform to put your learned knowledge into practice
- Develop a portfolio: Creating a portfolio helps the clients identify your skills. Further, you add the project you have done, course you have completed, personal project, internship, interests, skills, etc. So, to make your portfolio worthwhile adds these valuable points and make you unique before other people.
By this, you would have understood the career in graphic design and how to start a graphic designer career path. So, Learning the concepts of design, enrolling in a graphic design course, practicing graphic design tools, working on projects, and building your portfolio are the first stages toward a career in graphic design.